Today is a milestone day for the Oberheu Family.
It was a short-lived, for less than 3 years I had 3 teenage boys. Now I am back to two, but on the I’m-gonna-survive side.
Our Oldest Son is 20 today! I cannot believe I have a 20 year old son! I’m not that old!? Really! But I digress, because this is not about me.
This post is about my 20 year old son! I thought it would be fun to share 20 things I love about him on his birthday!
- He is compassionate
- He is loyal to his friends, his family, his job
- He helps his brothers with homework, and social things and responsibility and life stuff
- He is independent and self sufficient
- He fixes things and knows how things work
- He stretches me and challenges me in an uncomfortable, but good way
- He is open minded and non-judgmental
- He has convictions and lives his life by them
- He is musical, music moves him
- He is a genius at math
- He’s driven by his dreams and goals
- He is frugal
- He is honest, but not brutally honest
- He is a man of integrity
- He respects his grandparents tremendously
- He values friendship
- I don’t worry about him making bad choices
- He doesn’t drink soda…but he’s started drinking coffee
- He dreams of having a wife and children some day
- He will always be my baby boy
I love that kid so much! And I’m so proud of the man he has become! I saw a picture on Facebook recently of him playing with the marching band. When I shared it several people commented on how he looks like such a man not a teenager. Makes me a little weepy, but it’s true. He really has grown into a man right before my eyes. He survived the geeky teen years and came out the other side a handsome, respected young man!
Way to go Oldest Son! You Rock!